Would you like to promote your community
group or organization?
Create an award winning display for the
Lansdowne Fair, advertise your group and
raise money at the same time!
For the second year in a row, The Homecraft division of the Lansdowne Fair is excited to offer local groups and organizations the opportunity to participate in our fair. The Organization/Group Displays section is located in the upper level of the Exhibit Hall.
Space is limited and will be made available on a first-come, first-serve basis. So register early by calling to reserve your spot.
For details, please see below or Page 12 of our 2013 Prize Book! Be sure to read the rules and regulations and get every member of your group involved! We hope you will view this as a new way to advertise your organization, and we look forward to your participation.
Pre-registration by phone is required by June 30th
CONTACT: Maureen Thompson 613-659-2053
ENTRY FEE: 10% deducted from all prize money.
PRIZES: $5 - $4 - $3 for the top three exhibits in each class
Highest point display - Rosettes for the top 3
Most visually attractive display - $10 plus Rosette
$10 for each participating organization.
- All displays must be in place between 7p.m. and 9p.m. on Thursday, July 18.
- Space is limited (approximately three feet of table space will be allowed).
- Backdrops are permissible and exhibits can be hung. Tablecloths can be used.
- Do not hang banners, identifying the organization/group, until after judging.
- No identifying organization/group logos to be used on the displays/exhibits (e.g. 4-H logo).
- Each display must contain only seven exhibits chosen from the twelve classes
listed below. Each exhibit should relate to the fair theme.
- Exhibits must be the work of the group’s members and no kits are to be used.
- Entry tags must be attached to all exhibits.
- Exhibits may be displayed on or with small accessories/enhancements (e.g.
bookstands, fabric lid covers, etc.)
- Attach a sample of material (SMA) or a sample of yarn (SYA) as requested.
- “The most visually attractive display” will be judged first.
- Each organization must select one member to bring exhibits to the judge’s table
and stay to observe the judging. The member must be present at the display by
9:15 a.m. on Friday, July 19.
- Total points awarded by the judge for each exhibit will be added up for the
most points to establish the highest point display.
- Only exhibits meeting exact criteria will be judged. Exhibits that are not the
correct size or do not adhere to the themed class will not be judged and points
will not be awarded.
- Two members of each organization/group are requested to dismantle the
display at 6:30 p.m. on Sunday evening.
2013 THEME: Poultry In Motion
1. Welcome sign
2. Pickled eggs in 500ml mason jar with decorated lid
3. Item of chicken scratch
4. T-shirt with Fowl appliqué
5. Silk flower arrangement to include feather, eggs, chicks
6. Stuffed turkey, chicken, rooster or duck (SMA)
7. Hand embroidered tea towel
8. Basket made of chicken wire 12"-15", no contents
9. Easter Eggs (blown) decorated (3)
10. Two different "Happy Thanksgiving" cards with verse, no envelopes
11. Straw hat decorated with feathers
12. Color photo, 5" x 7", framed