A new event introduced in 2013 is the Chainsaw Challenge.
Six different classes offer an opportunity for all different sizes of saws. These are timed events with prize money and gifts available. For those participating, safety is at the forefront of this event. Rules for proper equipment and clothing must be followed. So, come and participate and give the spectators an opportunity to watch how fast, but safely, chainsaws can be handled.
Time and Location - 9:00 am Sunday at the Grandstand
Competition site will be cordoned off. Spectators MUST view from the perimeter.
CONTACT: Craig Somerville, 613-659-3220
ENTRY FEE: None for this year!
PRIZES: 1st - $15 + prize 2nd - $12 + prize 3rd - $10 + prize
- To be eligible to enter the Chainsaw Challenge, participants must have experience in the safe handling of chainsaws.
- All participants are required to complete and sign the “Event Release Form” prior to entering the Challenge.
- Anyone deemed under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be disqualified and entry fee will be forfeited.
- All timers or judges decisions are final.
- Anyone caught cheating (e.g. modified saw in stock saw class or alternate fuel in stock saw class) will be disqualified from that class and money and/or prizes will be forfeited.
- Steel toed boots, goggles or facemask, and saw chaps or pants must be worn by all participants. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
- All saws must have a chain break.
- Each saw can only run in one class (no bumping up classes).
- Participant begins the class with one knee on the ground and the saw running on the ground.
- Time starts when the saw leaves the ground.
- Time ends when the third cookie falls.
- Participant starts when the flagger raises the flag.
- Three (3) cuts. If you cut out you are disqualified.
- 0 - 50CC
- 50 - 60CC
- 60 - 70CC
- 70 - 80 CC
- 80 CC and up
- Open Modified