Rules & Regulations for Lansdowne Fair Exhibitors
HOW TO ENTER
A. All exhibitors must have a MEMBERSHIP NUMBER. These can be obtained by calling the office at 659-2124.
B. Exhibitors, 18 years of age and older, are required to pay a $5 membership fee.
C. Complete the ENTRY FORM. Entries must be made in numerical order and correspond to the wording in the
prize list. Only one item can be entered in each Class (unless otherwise stated e.g. heavy horses).
D. Every entry must have an ENTRY TAG attached to it; fully completed by the exhibitor. Each tag must be
legible and signed. Be sure to include 'Section' by letter, 'Class' by number. Record the name of the
article exactly as listed in the prize book. An improperly completed entry tag could disqualify your exhibit.
Homecraft exhibitor entry forms, tags, and numbers are available at the Exhibit Hall on the Monday evening
6:00 - 8:00 p.m. prior to fair opening.
E. Entries must be given to a committee member in the appropriate exhibit area on Thursday from 7:00 - 9:00
p.m. or Friday morning from 8:00 - 9:00 a.m.
F. No prize money will be paid unless a fully completed entry form has been submitted to the office.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE RULES
1. Judging of most classes will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Friday. All exhibit areas will be closed until judging is
complete (about 3:00 p.m.).
2. Gates to the upstairs exhibit hall will be closed on Sunday at 5:00 p.m.
3. All entries (except Culinary Arts) must remain on display until pickup time on Sunday, between 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. or Monday between 9:00 - 10:00 a.m. Exhibitors must see a committee member in charge before removing any article or exhibit. (Perishable items not awarded a prize may be removed by a committee member after judging. See committee member to do so).
NOTE: Any exhibit not picked up during these hours will become the property of the Agricultural Society.
4. Prize money of less than $1 will not be paid.
5. Prize money will not be paid unless article or animal is listed on the Entry Form. Any changes or substitutions must be made through the Homecraft Director or Heavy Horse Contact.
6. All exhibits must be the work of the exhibitor whose name is on the entry form and entry tag. All articles
must be new work - not exhibited at the Lansdowne Fair before. Soiled crafts and clothing will not be judged.
7. In all sections of the Prize List only one award shall be made to an exhibitor in each class. Excl: Heavy Horses.
8. No exhibitor will be allowed to interfere with the judges in the performance of their duties. Exhibitors so interfering
will forfeit their right to any premiums to which they might otherwise be entitled. Judges’ decisions shall be
final. No one shall be allowed in the Exhibit Hall while judging is taking place.
9. In the absence of competition in any section, or if the stock or articles exhibited are of inferior quality, the judge
will exercise discretion as to whether they will award first, second, or third.
10. In case of insufficient funds due to weather or other conditions, the Society reserves the right to pay only a
percentage of the prize money awarded for exhibits.
11. Prize money for adults will not be paid for at least one month to give the Directors time to settle any disputes
which may arise and sanction payment for exhibits.
12. A $5 Membership Fee will be withheld from all eligible exhibitors winning ten dollars ($10) and over and shall be
placed to the credit of the Society for the following year (unless otherwise requested).
13. Membership Fees allow members to vote if they are:
- 18 years of age and older
- a member for at least a year
- and a member in good standing.
14. Membership cards do not warrant free admission to the fair.
15. Protests must be made in writing by noon Monday following the fair. Reasons for the protest must be clearly
stated and accompanied by a deposit of $25 which shall be forfeited if the protest is not substantiated.
16. Any exhibitor or attendant, who is guilty of creating a disturbance, whether openly criticizing the judge or using
obscene language to any judge or officer, shall forfeit the right to any award and may be suspended from exhibiting.
THE DIRECTORS WILL:
- Take every precaution to ensure the safety of articles sent to the Exhibition, but the owners must take the risk of
exhibiting. Should any article be accidentally damaged, lost or stolen, the Directors will give all assistance in their power
toward the recovery of same, but will not make payment for the value thereof.
- Avail themselves of the powers vested in them by the Society Act re: gambling, huckstering, soliciting funds, etc.
- Insist that the foregoing rules be strictly adhered to and reserve the right to interpret said rules.
Names and/or pictures of winners will be published in local papers and on our website!
Exhibitors in Sections A to M, please take note...
1. Each exhibitor (18 years and older) who enters a minimum of 10 entries receives a free one-day pass to the fair
2. Each exhibitor (18 years and older) who enters a minimum of 20 entries receives a free weekend-pass to the fair
3. Each exhibitor (18 years and older) must pay a $5 membership fee
4. Next year’s membership fee of $5 is deducted from this year’s prize money, unless otherwise requested
PLACE ENTRIES IN EXHIBIT HALL: Thursday 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 - 9:00 a.m.
PICK UP ENTRIES IN EXHIBIT HALL: Sunday 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. or Monday 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
Entry Forms, Entry Tags, and Exhibitor Numbers are available at the Exhibit Hall Monday 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. prior to fair opening.
NEW exhibitors are encouraged to come during this time!
Questions & Inquiries? Please contact Homecraft Director: Sheila Blodgett 613-659-2859